⚠️ This article is not for NGC or Enterprise users. It is for Cubbit Cell and Cubbit Cloud users migrating to Cubbit DS3.
We are shutting down Cubbit Hatch and moving to our faster, more robust service - Cubbit DS3! You can read more about it here!
To migrate your files to Cubbit DS3, please follow the steps below!
- If you haven’t yet, sign up to Cubbit DS3 using the same email address as your Cubbit account (required).
- Ensure that your Cubbit Cell is online to provide the best file availability to yourself and others.
- Create a new bucket on the Cubbit DS3 console to receive the migrated files.
- If possible, use the migrator tool on the same computer where your desktop app is installed, making sure to keep the desktop app closed during the migration.
- Download the migration tool from the provided link below for your operating system:
Install the CubbitMigrator app by accepting the licence. On Windows, if the blue SmartScreen appears, click first on More info and then Run anyway as shown below.
Launch the CubbitMigrator app, enter your credentials for Cubbit Hatch (on the left) and Cubbit DS3 (on the right) and click on the Log in buttons.
On the right side, select the destination bucket.
Finally, click the Start DS3 migration button to begin the transfer.
We suggest letting the migration run until it finishes but, if necessary, it can be closed and reopened, in this case the migration will start from where it left.
If you installed the desktop app on more than one computer, you can repeat the migration on each machine.