Cubbit Hatch is here!
We're being very meticulous with the deployment of the world’s 1st distributed cloud. It is best to move forward one step at a time during this phase, to scale more quickly and effectively.
This is why Cubbit Hatch is limited, on purpose during Phase 1 of the release:
- There is a Desktop App (for Windows, Linux and MacOS) and limited Web App to start;
- You are given an initial cap of 100GB;
- Some core features have not been activated yet. See our roadmap for more information.
If you have not already done so, click here to discover what you can do with Cubbit Hatch and how our system works!
Some known issues:
A few of things we are aware of, and that may seem unexpected to you:
- Speed: we need real metrics to then optimize the Swarm, also considering our cautious redundancy model, which produces 1.5x the size of the data for reliability. The speed won’t be the ultimate.
- Icons on your Cubbit folder’s files: it may take a bit for the green, blue and red icons to appear on the files that you’ve respectively transferred, are still in sync or have encountered some issues.
- An infrequent self-induced crash: due to a protocol fault we are fixing, be aware that Cubbit could crash on rare occasion. Don’t worry: reopen Cubbit and your transfers will continue from where they left off!
- File size limitations in the web-app: due to specific restrictions with the browsers, there are limitations on the file sizes that can be uploaded and downloaded with the Cubbit web application. If large files need to be uploaded please use the desktop application. See below for a list of the web-app file size limits:
- Chrome: 2GB
- Firefox: 800mb
- Opera: 500mb
- Edge: 500mb
- Safari: 500mb
Need some help?
Request technical support.