Cubbit Hatch is here!
We're being very meticulous with the deployment of the world’s 1st distributed cloud. It is best to move forward one step at a time during this phase, to scale more quickly and effectively.
This is why Cubbit Hatch is limited, on purpose during Phase 1 of the release:
- There is a Desktop App (for Windows, Linux and MacOS) and limited Web App to start;
- Some core features have not been activated yet. See our roadmap for more information.
If you have not already done so, click here to discover what you can do with Cubbit Hatch and how our system works!
Some known limitations:
There are a few things that are not yet perfect:
- Speed (especially for large uploads): we need real metrics in order to optimize the Swarm and bring further performance improvements in upcoming releases. Also, keep in mind we use a cautious redundancy model, which produces 1.5x the amount of the data for enhanced reliability. This means that Cubbit Hatch is still growing toward its the final, full performance state!
- Icons on your Cubbit folder’s files: it may take a bit for the green, blue and red icons to appear on the files that you’ve respectively transferred, are still in sync or have encountered some issues.
- Folder download limitations in the web-app: due to specific restrictions with the browsers, there are limitations on the size of folder that can be downloaded with the web application. See below for a list of these limits:
- Chrome: 2GB
- Firefox: 800MB
- Opera: 500MB
- Edge: 500MB
- Safari: 200MB (this limitation is for download of files and folders due to how Safari and Mac OS handle resource management)
- Firefox Incognito mode is not supported due to Firefox restricting access to local storage
Need some help?
Request technical support.