Cubbit Hatch is here!
We're being very meticulous with the deployment of the world’s 1st distributed cloud. It is best to move forward one step at a time during this phase, to scale more quickly and effectively.
This is why Cubbit Hatch is limited, on purpose during Phase 1 of the release:
- There is a Desktop App (for Windows, Linux and MacOS) and limited Web App to start;
- Some core features have not been activated yet. See our roadmap for more information.
If you have not already done so, click here to discover what you can do with Cubbit Hatch and how our system works!
Some known limitations:
A few of things we are aware of, and that may seem unexpected to you:
- Speed (especially for large uploads): we need real metrics to then optimize the Swarm, also considering our cautious redundancy model, which produces 1.5x the size of the data for reliability. The speed won’t be the ultimate.
- Icons on your Cubbit folder’s files: it may take a bit for the green, blue and red icons to appear on the files that you’ve respectively transferred, are still in sync or have encountered some issues.
- File size limitations in the web-app: due to specific restrictions with the browsers, there are limitations on the file sizes that can be uploaded and downloaded with the Cubbit web application. If large files need to be uploaded please use the desktop application. See below for a list of the web-app file size limits:
- Chrome: 2GB
- Firefox: 800MB
- Opera: 500MB
- Edge: 500MB
- Safari: 200MB (a limitation due to how Safari and Mac OS handle resource management)
- Firefox Incognito mode is not supported due to Firefox restricting access to local storage
Need some help?
Request technical support.