⚠️ This article is not for Cubbit DS3 users. It is for private Cubbit Cell and Cubbit Cloud users.
If your Desktop App shows your Cell as offline (like in image below) we can try a Cell reboot:
- Close the Cubbit application on your computer and shut it down.
- Unplug the Cell from the Internet and power.
- Wait 3 minutes and re-plug the Cell (to power only, not Ethernet) directly to a wall outlet, if possible. There is an LED that will flash on the top of the Cell to show it has power - it does not remain illuminated, this is normal. If you bring your ear close to the device, you should hear the internal HDD spinning.
- After 3 more minutes, plug the Ethernet cable from the Cell directly into the router, do not use a switch or pass-through. Please check if the LAN LEDs on both ends (Cell and router) show some activity.
- After 3 more minutes, restart your computer.
- Launch the Cubbit application and check for the status of the Cell.
If needed, please try the following:
- Try another Ethernet cable (other than the bundled one), also on another known working port on your router.
- With the Cell connected directly to a wall power outlet, please try to gently wiggle the power connector at the Cell's power port. Please check if you see any change in the device behaviour.
- If possible, also try to use a different compatible power supply. It's 12V DC with at least 2A, negative pin on the outside and the positive inside.
Are you still having difficulties? Please contact our support team via this link!